Friday, August 30, 2013

Berkeley Bowl, Trader Joe's and being happily imperfect

After living in places other than the San Francisco Bay Area, I have all new appreciation for the food choices here.  Feel super lucky to be able to get to a Trader Joe's and to Berkeley Bowl in about 15 minutes from home.

By the time I was wrapping up all my shopping, I was SO hangreh!  So I grabbed something relatively healthy, quick, totally vegan and super tasty - the Eggplant Wrap from Trader Joe's.  I took it easy on the tahini dressing, since that's the fat bomb on this - basically only used a third of it.  Still was delicious.

I'm sure raw broccoli for lunch would have been better, BUT still a vast improvement on my old routine, which was to drive through Burger King and get fries and a brownie sundae (yes, after buying kale at the market, of course!)  I am reminding of Doug Lisle's excellent insights on not trying to be perfect all the time in his "Continuum of Evil" DVD.

"Vegan Barbie" wrote up a nice recap of that DVD here: http://veganbarbie.blogspot.com/2011/02/douglas-lisle-dvd.html


No comments:

Post a Comment