Monday, September 2, 2013

Tasting is believing

Oh my delicious dinner, how I wish you were more photogenic because you are divine.  I was mostly following yet another Happy Herbivore recipe (a sweet potato bowl) but I only had a cold sweet potato (cooked) so decided to do it as a water saute instead.  I also added onion to the mix.

Sauteed 1/4 cup water, 1 cubed cooked sweet potato, half a diced onion, black beans (from can, rinsed), and spinach for about 5 minutes, added a dash of Bragg's liquid aminos and about 2 tablespoons of Sriracha hot sauce.

And wow.  Spicy goodness balanced with the sweet from the sweet potato and given earthy goodness with the spinach and onion.






2 comments:

  1. Wow that looks delicious - I love sweet potato!

    Btw saw your blog over on Vegan Mofo, and I thought it would be nice to connect :)

    It's the first time for me to take part.

    Are you on Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest? Let me know where I can find you so I can support you.

    I am writing about candida and trying out crazy sugar free, mostly allergy-friendly food creations over at candidadietplan.com.

    All my best,
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm... Now I know what to do with all the sweet potatoes I have in my kitchen! I'm also a huge Happy Herbivore fan -- Lindsay has really inspired me to be a healthier cook.

    ReplyDelete