Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Eating out in the wilds of suburbia

I had one of the best vegan meals I've gotten in a chain-type restaurant tonight at California Pizza Kitchen (CPK).  Surprising, no?

CPK even has a special section (PDF here) on their website to very clearly spell out which menu items are vegan (which helps clarify things for their serving staff too, so I don't have to!)

So tonight, my mom and I (both vegan) shared a grilled veggie salad and a veggie pizza (hold the cheese). We asked for the fat-free balsamic on the salad, which made it a much healthier choice at no cost to taste.

I'm a very happy diner - thanks CPK!!


6 comments:

  1. I used to work right near a CPK and their vegan split pea soup was really delish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! That looks amazing, especially for a non-vegan place!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whaa? I always assumed that they would never have any vegan offerings so I never bothered to check. I love it when restaurants spell it out clearly though. This is good to know, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woah! I didn't know CPK was vegan friendly! That is one beautiful pizza.

    *Adds another chain to acceptable restaurant list*

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm still yet to try broccoli/broccolini on pizza. I really must - it looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that *does* look like a mighty fine pizza. It's so rare and wonderfully helpful when places go into details like that on their menu. I hope they know the effort is appreciated!

    ReplyDelete